Yudi Setiawan graduated from Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) in Soil Science in 2001. He continued his study at the University of Tsukuba, Japan and got M.Sc (2010) and Ph.D (2013) in Environmental Science. He had been a postdoctoral fellow at Nihon University, Japan, from 2013 to 2014. This was a post-doctoral research in the study entitled Spatio-temporal variation of carbon budget in Arctic pedosphere concerned with the prediction of global climate change. From 2014-2015 he has been working as a remote sensing specialist on land change detection at UNDP-REDD Indonesia. He has developed a novel method for the change detection, and it should be applicable in the development of a near-real time deforestation detection system for Indonesia. He is presently a lecturer at Department of Forest Resources Conservation and Ecotourism, Faculty of Forestry, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) and researcher in the Centre for Environmental Research, Bogor Agricultural University (PPLH-IPB). He is also a member of the International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) and Japan Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (JSPRS). His main research is in the area of remote-sensing for forestry, land use science, image processing and ecological modelling.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D) in Doctoral Program of Sustainable Environmental Studies, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan
“Study of Land Use Change in Regional Scale of Java Island, Indonesia”
Supervisor: Professor Kunihiko Yoshino (University of Tsukuba)
- Master Degree (M.Sc) in Environmental Sciences, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan
“Analysis of Land Use Temporal Patterns in Java Island, Indonesia using Multi-Temporal MODIS Data” Supervisor: Professor Kunihiko Yoshino (University of Tsukuba)
- Bachelor Degree (S.P, Sarjana Pertanian) in Department of Soil Science, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia
“Rice Paddy Cultivation on Column of Pyritic Sediment-Derived Soil after Drainage and Leaching Treatment: Nutrient Uptake” Supervisor: Untung Sudadi, M.Sc and Dr. Kukuh Murtilaksono (Bogor Agricultural University)
- 2013 – 2016 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in research project:”Spatiotemporal variation of carbon budget in Arctic pedosphere concerned with the prediction of global climate change” funded by the Environmental Research and Technology Development Fund (ERTDF), Ministry of Environment, Japan (Project Number: 2-1304)
- 2013 – 2014 Research Grant awarded by the Osaka Gas Foundation of International Cultural Exchange (OGFICE), Research title: Exploring the links between land-use change and environment using remotely sensed satellite imagery in Sumatra, Indonesia. Grant amount: US$ 2,500
- 2012 – 2013 Research Grant awarded by the Osaka Gas Foundation of International Cultural Exchange (OGFICE), Research title: Monitoring rice cropping intensity and their dynamics changes in Java using time-series MODIS satellite images. Grant amount: US$ 2,500
- 2010 – 2013 Doctoral Course Scholarship awarded by MONBUKAGAKUSHO, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology （MEXT）(April 2010 – March 2013)
- 2008 – 2010 Master Course Scholarship, awarded by MONBUKAGAKUSHO, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology （MEXT）(April 2008 – March 2010)
Jurnal Pengelolaan Sumberdaya Alam dan Lingkungan (Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Management), 8 (3), pp. 420–427, 2018, ISSN: 2460-5824.